Thursday, June 10, 2010

What is Her Light about?

Life is challenging and engaging. I named this blog "Her Light" because many of us have lights that guides us, things that drives us, and we seek after with all that is in us. The Holy trinity is that for me. Jesus is my light and my all. I seek nothing more than I seek Him and I mean that with all of my heart. I love nothing more than I love Him. It brings joy to me just thinking of how true it is for me and how it was not always like that. I am 25 years old, single, and in Love with Jesus.

I have found that women feel the need to be comforted, loved, and needed. Many do not realize it. More times that not it is by the wrong thing or person. Let's be frank it is almost always easier to do the wrong thing versus the righteous thing. Some women are looking for someone to talk to, to confide in. Some feel rejected and do not know their worth, some have put down so many they can not possible know their worth. If I was to turn on the TV the image of the woman I see, she is most likely in something revealing and has been airbrushed and make-up down to be what is not real. Women know this but still feel the need to conform because of the need to be apart of something and the want to feel excepted. This is not just women but men too, but the issue weighs more pressing on women. I want every woman out there to know God loves you, every piece of you, flaws and all. You are a rare wonder, a gift and that not everyone deserves to partake in your greatness. It took me so long to figure this out. I never knew what my gift was. I am not a beauty queen, witty, book smart, street smart, good at playing a guitar or any other instrument, singing, I have horrible memory, and most certainly not a natural born leader. I just knew I had a thirst for God's word, loved to write, and I could uplift and encourage anyone. So I choose to share my gift with you and I pray you recognize and embrace your gifts, so you can then use them for a service in Christ's, in a way you never knew possible. I am not greater than you and you are not greater than me. My burdens are not heavier than yours and yours are not heavier than mines. We are here to uplift one another, and we must realize growth is done day by day not in an instant. You must be patient with yourself. Be Blessed.

-Lona

No comments:

Post a Comment